A few of our frequently asked questions and answers.
- Please read all of the following FAQ’s.
- To fly in our aircraft you must;
- Be medically fit to do so
- Not be intoxicated
- Not interfere with any of the aircraft controls
- Comply to the weight limitations specified
- Comply with the minimum age limits
- Pitts Special = 1
- Tiger Moth = 1
- Cessna 172 = 3
- Robinson R44 = 3
- Harvard T6 = 1
- Cessna 182 = 3
- Cessna 310 = 5
- Motion sickness occurs when the movement you feel does not match the movement you see. Looking out in the direction you are travelling helps reduce this sickness.
- We will ask how you are going throughout the flight. If you feel sick we will fly level and let you recover. We have sick bags aboard should the worst occur.
- Hot weather increases the risk marginally.
- We discourage people from drinking fizzy drinks or eating greasy food prior to a flight and suggest they have a light breakfast.
Enclosed shoes, long trousers, comfortable clothes. (Some ear rings may hamper wearing flight helmet and headset.)
Please allow the flight time plus about 40 minutes as per:
- Before each flight there is a compulsory safety briefing that takes 15 minutes
- Preparing for the flight. Getting in, fitting the safety harness and headset 10 minutes
- After the flight a debriefing takes about 5 minutes
- Allow 10 minutes for you to take a few photographs
We don’t recommend you do, and by law we can not allow you to enter an aircraft if intoxicated.
- If you are suffering from a hay fever, cold, flu, ear infection we are happy to re-schedule your flight for when you are well again.
- These conditions can block the Eustachian tube, causing ear problems. (The Eustachian tube is a tube between the nose and ear that allows pressure equalisation during changes in altitude).
- As long you do not suffer significant health problems you can fly with us.
- The weight limitation for flight in the Pitts Special is 110Kg.
- The weight limitation for flight in the Tiger Moth is 120Kg.
- The maximum combined weight (total for 2 to 3 passengers) in a Cessna 172 is 270Kg.
- All Flights: If you are under 18 you must have a parent or guardian’s signed consent.
- Aerobatics: As long as you are over 14 years of age.
- Scenic: If you are under 14 years of age, you need to be accompanied by your parent or guardian.
- Free: If you are over 90 years of age, you deserve to fly for free.
Yes. Our Flight Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
No. Bandicoot Adventure Flights does not issue refunds. We encourage you to give your voucher to another person.
There is always a risk when conducting these activities. However, these risks are managed in accordance with CASA regulations and laws strictly adhered to. Your safety and enjoyment is paramount.
Yes. Our partners at Latrobe Valley Aero Club will start you off. We will help you with advanced training that covers Tail wheel, Spinning, Aerobatics and conversion to high performance aircraft.
- We encourage your family and friends to join in with your experience, watching you from the ground.
- Photographing you and friends at the plane
- Aerobatics: No. During an aerobatic flight no camera other that our fixed mounted type are allowed.
- Scenic & Serenity: Yes. During a non aerobatic flight you are able to take a camera. In an open cockpit aircraft (Pitts and Tiger Moth) It must be secured to you using a wrist strap.
All people wishing to enter the airfield must complete a safety induction and be escorted to the airfield by our staff, numbers limited to 4 at one time. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
For people other than the flight recipient entering the airfield, we ask a donation of any amount to our charity box. Bandicoot supports charities throughout Australia.
Contact a staff member
If a product is faulty, it will be replaced or a full refund offered.
If you cancel a service we will reschedule that service for you.
Should a service be unsatisfactory, an alternative service will be available or a refund will be provided.